• Latest News

    Friday, September 8, 2017

    Granero: I thought Pique was winding me up about Messi!



    • The Espanyol midfielder remembers the first time he saw Leo
    • Barcelona play Espanyol in the Catalan derby on Saturday


    Esteban Granero, one of Espanyol's mid year signings, has uncovered the first occasion when he saw Barcelona star Lionel Messi. 

    Talking in front of this current end of the week's Catalan derby at Camp Nou, Granero clarified how he found the Argentine. 

    Truth be told, he's known about him since he was 15 years of age, when Gerard Arouse disclosed to him what's in store, in spite of the fact that he didn't trust the young Messi would be that great. 

    Granero was addressing El Pais. 

    THE Initially MEETING 

    Granero clarifies that "we're from the 1987 group, so I have known him for a long time. 

    We went to a competition in Villarreal with [Real] Madrid and we were in an indistinguishable lodging from Barça. 

    I had a decent association with a portion of the players from the national groups: Arouse, Marc Valiente, Cesc... I saw Provoke in the inn. 

    Around then, we generally used to beat them. In any case, Provoke let me know: 'This year we will beat you." I said no fucking way. 

    'Truly," he stated, 'on the grounds that we have another player who is splendid.' I asked him who and he pointed [at Messi] by the swimming pool. 

    I saw a little child, tiny. I was sat on the edge of the pool with his feet in the water, lost in his own reality, considering different things. 

    Provoke's a prankster, dependably has been, and I thought he was twisting me up. 

    Truth be told, I thought: He's twisting me up and disturbing his own particular partner. That was the first occasion when I saw Messi." 

    What's more, how was his initially encounter against Messi on the pitch? "He [Messi] pounded us all alone. 

    They beat us 3-0. From focus or from any dead ball, he would get the ball short and keep the ball. He was awesome. 

    Practically nothing, however solid like a stone. It was distraught to perceive how the ball adhered to his foot. 

    It was merciless, actually difficult to make history the chunk of him. 


    It had an effect, we were scared of what he could progress toward becoming! After fifteen years, I see him on the pitch and I think: fuck, this person is still here!," Granero, who will confront Messi again on Saturday, says.


    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Granero: I thought Pique was winding me up about Messi! Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top