• Latest News

    Wednesday, August 24, 2016

    Piqué: "We are the team to beat"

    Gerard Pique participant in the European Poker Tour in Barcelona





    to analyze present and the start of the season before sitting another year to compete in the European Poker Tour


    Gerard Pique has just begun his ninth season in the first team of the club and the child who arrived in 2008 is now a parent who takes the opportunity to play poker in the little free time that leaves his profession and care for their young children Milan and Sasha . Before going to their annual appointment with the Pokerstars European Poker Tour in Barcelona held talks with Mundo Deportivo to analyze a start to the season that comes with more rest than usual.

    How you have granted him this month on vacation?
    We have had a week more than other years and it has gone very well relax, unwind and take a lot of strength for a season that will be very long
    Nor they have done tour ...
    Yes, it shows that you can prepare better physically and have no jet lag nor the infernal heat when you go to Asia or the US
    The result is beginning to see in the beginning of the course?
    Well, it's always important to start winning and winning the Supercopa was one of our first goals.
    And other challenges?
    We have an obligation to try to win all the titles, so are the club. Hopefully this is a great year.
    Last year the Champions escaped, is the main fixation?
    It is the competition for excellence and that has more prestige but spent two years winning league and cup and have amply demonstrated that we are the best team in the country by far. It was many years that a double was not repeated and that means that now we are the team to beat by far.We must continue on the same line.
    And in the same style?
    That always, I have no doubt, I do not plan to play in a different way after all that we have gained
    To help win those titles will be at least six new faces ...
    Yes, they have come young players who bring great enthusiasm and come to compete for a job, and that's always good for the team.
    You have been paired with Puyol and Mascherano, will join him next in Umtiti?
    He is a player with great level, young and eager, but there are very good players in that position. We are Umtiti, Jérémy (Mathieu), Masche and I ... Knowing the coach know that we will play all four.
    Precisely the defense has been a vital point in recent titles.
    The important thing is to fit very few goals, leaving a clean sheet maximum is the key to winning titles.
    Luis Enrique said it was the best squad in recent years, do you agree?
    It is difficult to compare, I do not know if the best but it is very competitive and has a high level.
    Also new this year is the 'Espai d'Animació' at the Camp Nou, did you notice his presence against Betis?
    The truth is that sounded different, the people who were there and at times encouraged the rest of the stadium was hooked, and that's very positive. Hopefully this initiative continue and have more people cheering.
    One of the usual chants is that of 'Pique, Piquenbauer', what feels to hear?
    Like all players I like to recognize my work and my career, and people see you try to give everything to get the results. That people are at your side it is something that gratifies you a lot.
    And small Milan and Sasha how his father is living Barca player?
    Sasha is still very small but Milan is a football freak. the numbers of the players know, sweatshirts equipment ... everything. It reminds me of when I was little. He lives football with passion and with three years and spends 90 minutes hooked. I am proud that my son likes football the same way as me.
    What things do you ask?
    What more question it is when we do not win me why we have not won.You do not understand a club that lost, but that is something that happens a lot to new generations of Catalans.
    What retiring at age 30 is already forgotten?
    I'm trying to adapt my game to move the bare minimum so they can last longer (laughs). Seriously, I'll try to hold out until the body or mind say enough, I feel very comfortable and now I wont be many years here.
    Let's talk about names, Leo Messi has returned from vacation as a shot.
    I guess care has, like everyone else. It comes from a drubbing with the selection and I guess it will be even more eager to get more titles.
    And Neymar? You have taken the pressure with gold in Rio?
    Playing at home means the pressure to win but Ney is used. It has demonstrated why he is one of the best in the world putting the goal in the final and decisive penalty. Sure he is very happy and eager to come Barcelona
    But come later. Did you have won?
    Yeah right. It has been a very hard championship for him and also had to go back now called Brazil. I think the permit is a very good decision.
    When you arrive Ney may already be the famous front room. Have not you are taking too long?
    At the end signings are like poker, Barca have their cards and do not want to teach, it saves them for when I see it clear. I do not know when but in the end we will have the best choice, if any signing, because Munir is performing very well. We'll see if in the end tab.
    Whoever said you can sign for Madrid is his friend Cesc.
    If you go to Madrid, which I do not know because I have not spoken to him would be a decision yours, I will not stop being his friend for it. We have a relationship of many years and would remain just as friends.
    Speaking of the Premier, you went to Manchester United, but the City is now Guardiola. Do you already know who's going?
    I opted for the United, where I lived very good years and I feel like my second home, always be a 'red devil' more. But that Pep has gone to City helps a lot to the Premier and level up. And of course follow the City with love, there is not only Pep, is Txiki, which helped a lot to my move to Barca. I try to live it as a fan who follows the Premier, a competition you'll quickly follow.
    Did he continue while playing poker?
    Can, it is a hobby for me. There are others who like golf, or Play Station, I like poker because you compete and is a different facet and I disconnected from the maelstrom of football.
    What do you think live one European Poker Tour in your town?
    It is very good for Barcelona, ​​thousands of people come to compete and organization of Pokerstars is very good. People from all over the world make use for the city and pass well. It is a good initiative.
    Before finishing, how was that game of paddle tennis with Carles Puyol?
    (Laughs) It was a year that did not touch a racket and the truth is that hit me, but nothing, will try to be competitive and now I'm preparing for the rematch.


    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Piqué: "We are the team to beat" Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top