• Latest News

    Tuesday, August 30, 2016

    Costa: If my character kept me out of Euro 2016, I won't return




    Although new La Roja coach Julen Lopetegui has included the Chelsea man in his first squad, that has not stopped Costa from discussing his previous omission.

    "If I wasn't taken to France because of my character, then I'll never return to the national team because I will not change the way I play," the 27-year-old said in an interview with Movistar.



    "That said, I think it was because of my performance. There were others who were playing better."


    The 2016/17 season may only be a few weeks old, but Costa has already been at the centre of a couple of controversies, by scoring match winners against West Ham United and Watford even though he should arguably have been sent off in both those Premier League clashes.
    Nevertheless, the striker has been offered an olive branch by his new international coach and will be in the group for the upcoming matches against Belgium in Brussels on Thursday and against Liechtenstein in Leon on Monday.


    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Costa: If my character kept me out of Euro 2016, I won't return Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top